Saturday, January 12, 2013

sad soul sojourner


















Today, sadly, I leave.
Today, my soul, I heave.
Though it begs to cleave
To this place;
To its home.

Today, my heart, bereaved
Must beat, it must, believe
Though thoughts meant to deceive 
Challenge its motive;
Tell it, it's wrong.

The journey, it is, to take
Is one, the mind, did make.
"For health and wellness sake!"
Such Irony!
For now, it seems, it'll break.

But, weary, it holds true
To, prospects, of hope anew.
Prospects, of hope, renewed
The unseen,
It must come true.

So, heart & mind, combine!
And, body, trudge behind.
Yes, strength, do find.
But quickly!
Our only currency is time.

Today, boldy, I leave.
Today, in hope, I heave
My soul, to new ranks, to cleave
To find its rightful place;
To find its own home.

© Chereese La-Vonne Ricketts 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment